Post Icon

All this...for a coffee table??

My friends...I think you have gotten me into trouble!

My French Chocolate coffee table has been very popular,
not only with me,
but with my kids and many viewers.
Even my husband...doesn't hate it!


Many of you said, "You should keep it!"
I responded, "I would love to, but then I would have to buy a new couch!"
"So I'm not going to."

(Famous last words.)

Here is my living room yesterday morning. See? Nice sectional. Very cushy. It's about 10 years old, but at least one of those it was in storage, and most of those it was in the infamous "front room" where it never got sat on.

I just happened to mention to my husband that maybe it was time to consider replacing it.

I wasn't prepared for his response:
"Great! Let's go shopping RIGHT NOW!"

Huh. Apparently, he doesn't like it!?!

I gently explained to him that I wasn't really thinking about right now...but just for kicks, we should check the classified ads.

Wouldn't you know it, a leather Pottery Barn couch had been posted mere hours before...about 1/2 mile from our house.

We went to see it. Want to see what's in my living room now?


Oh yeah, baby. It's a new couch ...AND... the coffee table!



And now there's a lot of work to be done! For one thing, all the pictures and the vinyl quotes I had on my wall are in the wrong places. I peeled off the vinyl last night, but haven't messed with the pictures yet.


The coffee table isn't prettily staged. (I'm having a hard enough time keeping the children from using it for an art table. Or car track. Or bench.)

There are no pretty pillows on the couch.


...and there's a big blank space on the far wall that needs something. I'm thinking maybe a short, wide bookcase? Or something that could be used as extra seating? I'd love some suggestions! (At the very least...I've got to cover up the ugly outlets!)

Please help! Come on, ya'll helped me get into this mess...help me get OUT!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map