Post Icon

Please leave your boots at the door

This is unusual for me.  I am not normally a door-décor person.  I have a wreath for fall and a wreath for Christmas, but I don’t normally have anything up at any other time of the year.

Until now…

rainboots 018

Some people put ice skates on their door at Christmas time—so I though, “Why not rain boots for Spring?”

I went on the hunt for some child’s rain boots, and I came up with these at a thrift store:

boots, enamel, Rachel 001

I liked the $4 price tag, but I didn’t think purple was the look I wanted with my orange front doorSomeone else may be able to pull it off.  Not me!

So I taped off the sole of the boots…

boots, enamel, Rachel 003

…and sprayed on Rustoleum "Summer Squash.”

boots, enamel, Rachel 004

Note:  I foolishly did not prime the boots first—and I should have.  The paint dried, but remained VERY sticky.  Like gum-on-your-shoe sticky.  Or jam-on-a-toddler’s-hands sticky.  Ugh.  Thankfully a couple of coats of Rustoleum clear coat (leftover from the faux enameled stencils) greatly reduced the sticky factor.  Now they’re only Post-It Note sticky.  Hopefully not Venus Fly-Trap sticky, since they’re hanging outside!

I spent $15 on some silk flowers at Michael’s, and $1 for a cool paper ribbon at Ben Franklin.

rainboots 015

How did I attach the ribbon, you ask?? Staples!

Staples and duct tape.  Where would we be without them??

rainboots 014

And that’s my version of a spring “wreath” for about $20.

rainboots 016

I think the yellow was a much better choice than the purple, don’t you?

********************************

Visit thecsiproject.com

This project has been featured at From My Front Porch to Yours.

*********************************

Linking up here:

Visit thecsiproject.com

image

Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Domestically Speaking’s Countdown to Spring Mod Vintage Life
Censational Girl No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Thrifty Décor Chick
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours It’s So Very Cheri
Common Ground {aka} design

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map