Post Icon

Dreamy Whites - RDH July Blog of the Month



It seems the older I become the more simplified my design style grows.  Perhaps that is why I have become such a fan of French farmhouse decorating.  I am not talking the yellow, blue and red color scheme most often identified with French farmhouse design.  It is the light, bright and airy style where vintage textiles, painted furniture and zinc accessories are incorporated into a wonderful white palette that I love.


So today I am thrilled to introduce you to Dreamy Whites the Red Door Home July blog of the month and a favorite resource of mine for French farmhouse inspiration.


Dreamy Whites is owned by Maria Carr – a stay at home mom to five who lives in Northern California on a horse ranch. 

Maria’s French farmhouse inspired home is stunningly beautiful.  Take a look below at some of my favorite pictures.  (Yes, the photography is amazing too!)




Maria also has an online shop called Dreamy Whites.  Her store includes many of the beautiful pieces which she uses in her own home such as vintage linens and baskets, antique furniture, lavender pillows, Christmas décor and so much more!




One of my favorite aspects of Maria’s decorating style is the elegant simplicity she brings to her home.  She limits the paint colors of both the furniture and walls to well selected shades of white with an occasional bit of gray.  She also never distresses the paint on her furniture.  With five kids she says that the furniture becomes naturally distressed over time!  


There is so much more to see at Dreamy Whites so I hope you will stop by for a visit.  



Also be sure to congratulate Maria on her home being included in Better Homes and Gardens’ latest publication – New Cottage Style.  I have not found a copy of this book yet but it is definitely on my list of books to buy!




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map