Post Icon

Shoe Refashions

Is it just me or when you see really cute shoes but don't want to pay that much money for it and pass it up? If you have been wanting to buy cute shoes and have some plain boring shoes in your closet you were thinking about getting rid of, this post might be for you!

I had a couple old pairs I haven't been wearing for a long time. The beige ones I found at 6pm for a really good deal. When I saw this online, I thought they looked nice, but when I opened the box I was really disappointed. The material used for the shoes looked cheap and somehow it looked... blah... I was going to return them. Check out the trio.


I decided to go through my scraps, beads and such to perform shoe surgery!

Case 1: White shoes

They weren't a bad pair, but for some reasons I didn't care for it that much... I wanted to give them some personality. Check them out after some lace and fabric flowers with beads in center.

Before...

After...



Case 2: Black shoes

Actually, these were my favorite pair at one point. It is very comfortable to wear, but the cotton fabric is starting to wear out. I guess that is why I stopped wearing them, other than that, it is still in good condition. I believe that with a little bit of a face lift, it will still be a great pair. I decided to make ruffles and rosette out my leftover black fabric strips to embellish them.

Before...

After...



Case 3: Beige shoes

I think this is my most favorite out of the three pairs after the makeover. I wanted to do something really different and fun. I added several colors and textures.

Before...


After...



I am so excited to have three pairs of (old) NEW shoes that I love… The best part? I didn't spend a dime to do these makeovers! As I mentioned my favorite is the last pair, and I have been wearing them a lot lately.




All you need for this project are old shoes, some scraps of fabric, lace, beads and such, fabric glue, and a little bit of imagination. Go fish in your closet, you might have some shoes to refashion. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map