Post Icon

Tick Tock – A Newly Painted Clock

I am always amazed at how a simple coat of paint can transform the ordinary into something special. Case in point is the clock below. It has been part of my dining room décor for several years.

It is an Ethan Allen floor sample which was priced so very low I could not pass it by. I loved the lines of the clock but not the dark wood. After many years of going back and forth – paint or not to paint - last week, I finally took the painting plunge.

I began by taking the clock apart, removing the hardware, and lightly sanding. After washing off the dust, I applied two coats of Benjamin Moore’s November Rain with a small paint brush. I then sanded a portion of the paint off with a sanding block to reveal the darker color wood underneath.
A simple one day project that had me asking - what took me so long?
The funny thing about this project is after painting my clock, I went to the Ethan Allen website (to see if this clock is still available) and found this . . .
Evidently, this clock was (and still is) available in a painted finish. The clock face is a little different – this one has flowers and mine does not - but the rest of the clock is the same. I also smiled when I saw the price – no where near what I paid.
I have to say I am much happier with the painted clock. Next time I will just follow my instincts and paint right away!

Linking up to some of my favorite parties

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map