Post Icon

About that Big Basket



Thank you all for your nice comments about my living room.  It seems many of you like the idea of no rug – at least during the summer months.  I must say it is a lot easier to keep clean!  I am not sure how the feet will feel come winter but that is a while away.


I had several people inquire about the large basket.  It is a vintage French covered transport trunk.


I purchased it from Bonny Neiman Antiques and I am absolutely thrilled!  Bonny was so nice to work with and I highly recommend her shop.  I also bought the pretty mirror which hangs above the bed in the master bedroom from Bonny.

To be honest when I bought the basket I really did not pay attention to the size and had no idea where I was going to put it.

At first it found a home in the family room.  Although it looked fabulous, the trouble was, now I was left with no place for the wagon.  Then I came across this picture.

Via Southern Living

A perfect solution!


I immediately hauled the basket upstairs and in the bedroom it went – making a perfect bedside table.

I love the extra layer of texture it adds to the room and how it is a bit unexpected.


I have to admit I was fortunate that things worked out so well.  

Have you ever purchased something without knowing  where you were going to place it? I would love to hear what you bought and where it ended up!  


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map