Post Icon

Going Bare!




One of the consequences of photo shoots is lots of furniture moving and rearranging.  Some people may not look at this as a positive because it is a lot of work and creates a lot chaos but I actually love it!  By moving things around you gain a new perspective on the spaces in your home and the possibilities you might not have thought of before – case in point, the family room rug.
 

While it served its purpose well, it definitely had seen better days.  So when we were asked to remove the rug for the photo shoot I was amazed at how much lighter, brighter and bigger the room looked.


In fact, I liked the bare hardwood floors so much I decided not to put the rug back.


I have seen several very pretty rooms which also have no rugs, several of which I had saved to my inspiration file.  (I apologize for not knowing the sources for these photos.  If you recognize them please let me know as I would love to give credit to the designers/photographers of these beautiful spaces!)

source unknown

source unknown

source unknown

So for the time being I have decided to bare it all and going “rugless.”



What do you think about the bare floors?  Would you try this in your home?  I would love to hear your opinion.  



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map