Post Icon

Patisserie Coffee Table

I have been working like crazy to finish projects for the Whitaker Flea Market this Saturday—I haven’t even had time to read my favorite blogs (now that’s busy)!

But I thought I’d pop in and show you one of the projects that will be going with me.  A neighbor of mine was cleaning out her garage, and would you believe she was going to take this table to Deseret Industries (that’s Utah’s Goodwill)??

OK, so I forgot to take a real “before” picture…but here’s the top, being sanded my my handy-dandy-helper-who-wants-to-earn-money-for-a-new-game…

boards 018

…and here’s the base (which is actually a dark green color).

boards 019

I decided to make another coffee table along the lines of the French chocolate coffee table, so I chose a graphic and pulled out my overhead projector:

patisserie table 007

…working on it…

patisserie table 008

…done!

patisserie table 010

The next day I distressed the lettering and gave the table top a coat of antique walnut stain.  I sanded back the stain in places, since I didn’t want it to look too perfect—it’s supposed to look like an old crate, after all!

flea market 016

I painted the base in a creamy white, and glazed it with antique walnut stain.  This table has LOTS of distressing, and the glaze makes it look “on purpose” rather than “beat up.”

flea market 017

This coffee table is HUGE:  40” x 50”.  Perfect for games, puzzles, or pizza!

flea market 019

I really enjoyed doing another graphic project like this…it has been too long!

flea market 021

This table has been featured at aka design.

******************************************

Linking up here:

 Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Sisters of the Wild West The CSI Project
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Primitive & Proper
Knick of Time My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect Thrifty Décor Chick
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours It’s So Very Cheri
Cowgirl Up! {aka} design

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map