Post Icon

Pink Peonies



I clipped our pink peonies this morning. This variety is called Shirley Temple, whose description promised large flowers (up to 8 inches). I of course loved the promise of such large blossoms, but I also liked the name because it reminded me of my Mom who loved Shirley Temple movies. 


This is the first summer that the blossoms have been this large. They continued to open after they were cut and in water for the afternoon. I really love the yellow centers. 


My gracious assistant agreed to hold the large bouquet for me. He likes peonies. They require no maintenance whatsoever. The roses on the other hand, he doesn't care for (and that's putting it mildly) because they are constantly having to be treated for bugs or diseases, only to be served up as an evening snack for the deer. 


Have a wonderful summer weekend!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map