Post Icon

HANGING AROUND .............

My last two posts have been rather frivolous and silly, after which, I have probably lost many of my followers, as you probably think that I'm completely bonkers.!!!! I would like to reassure you that I am 100% sane, and those men in white coats are not coming to take me away !!!! YET !! Here to prove it, I am back with some lovely images of beautiful interiors, all of which have a 'hanging' theme....... whoa...don't worry...there isn't a man with a blindfold and noose, just some pretty interiors to start off the week. What a beautiful room with that MASSIVE mirror.....I shall be wearing the above dress to go to the supermarket today !!!!
Actually, it is becoming rather autumnal now so, maybe this would be a good idea as I walk past the freezers in the frozen goods section !!!!

Don't worry Dustjacket Attic (a wonderful fashion blog), I'm not trying to become a fashionista !! Just showing you this fabulous wardrobe.

Some of you will know that I have used this picture before, but it is appropriate to my post title as the beautiful wisteria is a lovely 'hanging' example.



What a pretty and functional way to hang clothes or towels or anything that needs to be hung up !!!!


Saucepans hanging in the kitchen,.... and what a kitchen.


Now, this one is a bit gratuitous and it only just makes it in as it's got the tea towel 'hanging' from the drawer !!!! I think it's one of my favourite interiors photographs. Not only is the dresser mouth watering but so are the meringues and the champagne !!!!



Summer is nearly over, here in the U.K. and an autumnal chill has started to wake us up in the morning, so here is a colourful hanging basket to say goodbye to the Summer. See, I'm not all about the white and there's even a touch of pink in there !!



A lovely image of lanterns and a snowy white voile curtain.




Down in the potting shed there is a whole world of 'hanging' items.



Gorgeous bags hanging on a delightful wardrobe. Always a nice idea to hang treasured items instead of hiding them away,



I couldn't possibly do a post about 'hanging' without including Venice. This sight is seen every time you turn the corner , and when has washing looked more beautiful....doesn't quite have the same feel in my back garden !!!!


Gorgeous, sparkly chandeliers.....twinkling crystals to add a wonderful ambiance to a room. I actually love this idea of the three hanging together. Our friends, Lucy and Steve ( holiday, going up the pub, any other social event, hanging out, best of friends !!) have adopted this way of lighting and it looks great.


White and very pale pink, floaty, diaphanous clothes look beautiful, again, not hidden away in drawers and wardrobes.


Old shutters, distressed chair, beautiful candelabra. Add a basket for a bit of texture and what have you got ? A fabulous bathroom ........ not forgetting the lacy camisole on a vintage hanger.


I love this idea of a branch, painted white, held up by thin chains .........doesn't it look great and not very expensive, either.


................ and finally, wire baskets, straining spoons, call them what you will. I'm not sure what they're called. I just know that they look brilliant, all hanging in a row like this.
Hope that you have all enjoyed 'hanging around' with me today and maybe you have got some ideas that you can use in your own homes.
Jackie

















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map