Post Icon

Good Things Happen to Those Who Wait

This is Monday morning and I am still in my pajamas sitting in front of the computer. This doesn't usually happen because, I have things I have to do or places I need to be. Today, not so much and I am loving it.

The kids are playing with the toys they got for Christmas, everone is happy... so, I decided to update my bloy post now, instead of waiting till tonight.

Sometime before Christmas, I did my usual stop and look at a thrift store and guess what I found...


A book by Martha Stewart! To tell you the truth I didn't even know about this book, but I was really excited! The book is in perfect condition, and when I looked through the pages, there were so many great tips and advice for what to look for when you are looking for collectable items (like glass jars, Milk glasses, plates... and so on) at a flea market; how to clean and take care of them and ideas for decorating the house with those finds. The book is just perfect for someone like me, who loves thrift stores and yard sales!

The second item that I found was this:



Actually, I have been wanting to buy these molds for several months, I have kind of gotten back in to baking, so I wanted to make beautiful tarts. At William Sonoma, of course, they were expensive, so I have decided to wait a while.

I decided to check the silverware and bakingware section just in case, and this little red box was sitting right on top of everything!! What are the odds? In my mind, I was thinking to myself, "Is that what I think it is? No, I don't believe it. Don't get your hopes up so high Sachiko...". Isn't that funny I was several steps away but I was thinking all that. Also, I was acting calmly, so other people wouldn't see me acting unusual or the direction in which I was looking and find the box before I could grab it. It is a total rush to those who shop at thrift stores.

The box was a little dusty, but everything was in perfect mint condition. It had a little sticker saying $2.oo! Each of the molds were sparkly clean and I can tell they were never used. Finding something is nice, but finding something you have been looking for is DESTINY! I felt like angels were floating around me and making holy sounds, ahhhhh. Look what happens when you try to live each day honestly and work hard. Good things happen! :) (However, I still haven't quite figured out humility.)

I am looking forward to using them for the first time and making mini tarts.

That is why I can't stop going to those stores. My curiousity "what if..." or "just in case" has helped me to find some pretty nice stuff in the past. If you never have shopped at thrift stores, you might want to try it, you never know what you will find.

By the way, I am participating in these link parties today, there are many wonderful posts, I highly recommend visiting them! Have a fabulous day everyone.

The DIY Show Off
Making

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map