Post Icon

One Shirt --- Three Projects


I found this very pretty top at a thrift store a few weeks ago. Originally I was going to wear it. Then after I came home, I tried it on and the top was shorter than I like. So, I have decided to make a few things out of it.

I love the embroidery on this, so I wanted to showcase that. I cut it up into 4 pieces...


Project one: Red Pom Pom Pillow


I made this pillow from the top portions of the shirt. I love how it turned out. I saw something similer to this at a gift shop one time and believe me, it was pricey! I paired it with the tea towel pillow to make my house look more Christmasy.

Project two: Patchwork Pillow



The embroidery parts came from the sleeves. I just couldn't throw them away, so I went through my stash and made more pillows! I love red and white with some tan.

Project three: Apron Skirt




I had a hard time deciding whether to make this bottom part into a handbag or into a skirt for Rachel. In the end I am so glad I made a skirt for her! Not only is the color red perfect for this season, she looked so pretty in it. Eventhough she is half Japanese, she looked almost like a Russian doll. I know this will go with the jeans too.

I used up pretty much the entire top, and had no buyer's remorse. I love projets that are inexpensive and where I have tons of freedom. If you ever see clothes (at thrift stores) with details like embroidery or beads work don't pass it up. It has the potential of becoming something unique and beautiful!

I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I hope you all will have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones... Oh, Rachel wanted to say something to you all...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map