Post Icon

Metal Top Table Redo

My most recent project in the painting department is this metal top coffee table.

A friend no longer had use for it and asked me if I wanted it. The answer took about negative 2 seconds – yes!
After bringing the table home and cleaning it up a bit I went back and forth between painting and leaving it unfinished. I tend to like a mix of finishes (paint and wood) in my house and liked the rustic nature of the table. In the end, however, the painting won out because of the space I planned to use it in.
After sanding, scraping, and cleaning, I taped up the top and the casters and got to work. I used my normal heirloom white spray paint and then finished with a glaze. The entire process took only a few hours.
Here is the finished table in its new home.  Love it!
Note: You may recognize this space as my recently finished basement.  The coffee table shown in the magazine photos (here and here) is really from upstairs in my living room. It was moved to the basement for the photo shoot. I am very happy to now have a table for the basement too!

linking up to these parties

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map