Post Icon

Decisions, Decisions

I finally had some time to search for drapery fabric for my living room redo. While there were an overwhelming number of choices, I ended up with two of my favorites - silk and linen. I am having a hard time deciding between the two as both options would work wonderfully. Hopefully you can help!


Before I show you the drapery fabric choices, however, I wanted to share another development in this room which may sway your opinion. During my search, I fell in love with this fabric:


I have already made two large pillows – one for each of the chairs. I loved the graphic nature and playful quality of the large print. The color picks up the red in the Rosmaling plate and helps coordinate this space with other rooms in my house.


Now back to the curtain fabric options.

Choice number one is a blue/gray silk - the top fabric sample shown below - from Calico Corners.


Silk fits with the feel of the room and the color plays beautifully off the foyer rug just outside the door. My hesitations with this option are twofold. First, I don’t want to make the room too formal. Second, gray is such a popular color at the moment, I don’t want the room to feel dated in a few years.

Choice number two, also from Calico Corners, is off-white slubby linen banded with navy blue slubby linen.


This option is safe and classic. I don’t think I would ever grow tired of white and navy curtains. My hesitation here is with the red and white pillows the room may feel too nautical – red, white and blue.

This is going to be a hard decision as I truly love them both.

What would you do?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map