Post Icon

It's a keeper!

Several weeks ago DI ("Deseret Industries," the Utah version of Goodwill) was having a 50% off sale on all their big frames. When I saw a massive, intricately detailed frame that turned out to be a mere FOUR DOLLARS, I knew it was love at first sight! (Even if it was a yucky gold color.)

I sprayed it Heirloom White, and this morning I glazed it with burnt umber acrylic paint. I cut a piece of Luaun leftover from another project and gave it a few coats of chalkboard paint.

Here's the result!


Ooh, I think I love it! Right now it's just sitting in front of the mirror that hangs on the wall above my buffet, and it's so large it partially covers my children's pictures!


But it looks like it belongs there nonetheless. I think this chalkboard is home to stay!

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


I also want to add a huge THANK YOU to Domestically Speaking for featuring my gathering table from last week's Power of Paint party!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map