Post Icon

A Blue Glass Lamp

Not too long ago I shared my lamp moving adventure – a small project which morphed into an entire day of rearranging! At the end of this story I was left with one side table in our guest bedroom in need of a lamp. With lots of family coming to visit soon, finding something to fill this space became a priority.


I looked in all the normal places but just did not find anything (which was not expensive) that would work. I had all but given up when I happen to come across a pretty blue glass lamp while checking out a Craig’s list item (more on what this was later).


What caught my eye were the size of the lamp (almost 36 inches tall), the round silk shade, and the blue glass globe. I was not sure about the brass but figured I could always change it with some paint later. The lamp was part of a set found at an estate sale but unfortunately the other lamp’s globe was cracked along the bottom and the shade was stained. I ended up buying the one lamp and other item for the price of the other item – a free lamp!

As I mentioned above, I originally planned to use this lamp in the guest bedroom. However, once I brought it home I realized it just did not work with the green/blue cart I have for the bedside table. So I did some more lamp rearranging and brought back the original white ceramic lamp to the guest bedroom.


The blue glass lamp is now right at home in the master bedroom.


To bring blue to another part of this neutral space I added a silk pillow which I already had (still another story!) to the bed.


I think this little touch of blue is just what this room needed.


I am even growing to like the brass. Don’t tell Mr. RDH though because he finds it hard to understand why I like a brass lamp and don’t like the brass ceiling fan in the same room!

Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch Met Monday


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map