Post Icon

What's your sign?

Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle


This is what my kitchen looked like yesterday before dinner:


I was soooo grateful for leftovers last night!

What was I doing, you ask? Well, I was finally doing SOMEthing with a stack of cupboard doors I bought at a RE-Store closing last summer (they were about $2/each). I painted eight cupboard doors in a creamy white, and then turned them in to SIGNS inspired by Miss Mustard Seed and Miss Funky Junk!

I used my Silhouette to design the lettering for each sign.
Here's what I've come up with so far...



The "Farmers Market" sign is huge...and probably my least favorite. I didn't care for how "flat" the black lettering looked on the white background, even after I glazed and distressed the sign. It's hard to tell, but the letters on the top row have been given a green "shadow," while the bottom letters are waiting to be done. It gave the sign some more depth and interest.

I decided, however, that I preferred white letters on a bright background. Here are some of my other completed signs!

This is the first one I tried the black shadowing on, and I really liked it, even though I didn't know what I was doing. My husband has not forgiven me for using his very-special-model paintbrushes for my signs!


Here's a completed "Farmers Market."


"Juicy Berries" was a really really bright green. With a brown glaze, it's only really.


"Fresh Cupcakes" is my favorite!

So...which one do you like?
Any suggestions for more signs?

I have more cupboard doors!










HookingupwithHoH


My Repurposed Life


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Photobucket

Domestically Speaking

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map