Post Icon

Living Room Finished!



I am happy to say my living room redo is finished! (Well at least as finished as it is going to be for a little while! Things tend to change quickly around here so I don’t want to make any promises.) The final pieces of the puzzle – curtains and a lamp – have been added and I could not be more pleased with the result. Here is a look back at what the room looked liked before.



Here is what the room looks like today.


I finally found time a few weekends ago to finish the curtains. For new followers, these are the second set of curtains I have made for this room over the past several months. (You can read about what happened to the first set here.) The fabric had been sitting in a closet for several weeks and I had been going back and forth as to how exactly I wanted to make them.


I thought about making a scalloped edge, adding some sort of decorative trim or even sewing a stripe of colored linen to the top. In the end, I continued with the “simple is better” theme of this room and decided on plain panels.



The lamp is from the same shop as my recently acquired orange chairs. It looks like stone – although I think it is resin – has a gray metal shade, and is a much better fit than the previous brass lamp which used to occupy this space.



The best part to me about this room makeover is it was more about taking things away rather than adding them. The room is lighter, brighter and just all around more representative of the current décor in my house.


Linking up with
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Remodelaholic Anonymous at Remodelaholic
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming


Note: I have not forgotten about the promised “How to sew curtains with lining” tutorial. I am almost finished with the writing and should have it up soon.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map