Post Icon

My Saturday Afternoon


I had a really busy week, since the kids are back in school, everything is in full swing. Usually it takes time for me to get used to the new routine. I slept in and had a slow start to the day (which is very rare!). By the time I fed kids lunch, I was back to myself, I had an itch to sew.

There was a quilt top I put together a few weeks ago (remember the Liberty of London fabrics?) and I was kept going back and forth should I hand quilt(I am in my comfort zone), or ignore the fear of machine quilting and just try it (which would put me way out of my comfort zone).

Guess what?! I decided to try machine quilting! I have done machine quilting before, but I used straight lines on a much smaller quilt. This time I wanted try "loops". Ok, it doesn't sound difficult to do, but when I think "what if I mess up?" I just didn't have the guts to do it.

For some reason, I felt like I could do it this afternoon. What happend to "What if I mess up?" well, that attitude became... "Nah, it's ok, I have to start somewhere and practice, I will just do my best."

So, I did it! It took me 7 hours(including the time to cook and feed my family a dinner) and like I predicted, it is nowhere near perfect. The loops and stitches are not equal in some areas... but I feel ok! I did it! I hope this is the start of many more machine quilted quilts. I have several quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted, I hope get a chance to practice more and get good at it someday.



I will share the picture of the finished quilt when I am done with the binding. Have a happy Sunday everyone!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map