Post Icon

Bookworms

Do you have a little sister? I do. I didn’t get her until I was 10 years old. I thought she was a live baby doll for the longest time…I could rock her, dress her up, take her for walks, have tea parties with her…so many fun things. Now as adults we are discovering a common love of all things old, vintage, and a little bit shabby. It’s great fun!

We also share a love of books…so when she asked me if I could make a canvas for her with a Virginia Woolf quote on it, I couldn’t resist!

virginia woolf bookworm

I kind of misread her instructions…it was supposed to be OFF-WHITE with BLACK lettering, and she got the reverse…whoops! Good thing she’s pretty easy-going Winking smile

You might think someone who loves reading might have read the instructions a little more carefully…

bookworm quote

The pictures above were taken before I “shabbied” up the canvas a bit. I really love the high contrast….

Virginia Woolf quote

…but I also love the look (above) which is a little bit faded, and dirtied up a little with some brown glaze.

bookworm

Which one would you choose?

*************************************************

Linking up to these great parties here.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map