Post Icon

Rock-a-bye Baby

Would you have been able to resist this? I couldn’t. It’s a beautiful hand-made, solid wood baby cradle. I can just imagine the love carved into every inch!

bookworm 014

I am not generally a fan of hearts in furniture or jewelry…but I made an exception for this piece.

bookworm 015

I see beautiful vintage-style nurseries on the Internet all the time now, so I thought I’d make over this cradle to go along with the theme!

cradle 003

I painted the body in a barely off-white, and then dry-brushed some cream over it. I distressed the edges and details, and then glazed the whole thing with dark brown stain.

cradle 002

The baby quilt is ‘vintage,’ too! It was made for me when I was a baby. My mother never used it because she couldn’t bear to see it worn out. I take it out of my linen closet to admire every once in a while!

cradle 005

I used a bassinet to keep my babies close to me in their first few months…

cradle 006

…but now I’m wishing I had had a cradle!

Note: Even better, this cradle went to a mom expecting her first baby girl

....after SIX boys!

*********************************************************

Linking up here.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map