Post Icon

I Goofed Twice!

Last fall we began the redecorating process of our red living room. We lightened things up by painting the walls SW Aria Ivory, removing dated curtains and reducing the number of accessories.

After:


Before:

New pillows were made for the chairs and I found a funny little French marble top table to replace the too big skirted round table.


Things seemed to be progressing nicely.

Later, some bargain curtain hardware was unified with paint/glaze and after input from RDH followers the winner of the gray silk versus white linen curtain debate was selected – although I never announced my choice.


I sewed and hung my new curtains and after only a few days it hit me. Something was just not right. The curtain hardware finish seemed out of place and the windows looked empty with just one panel. Why I made only one panel per window, I do not know.


Needless to say, I goofed twice in the same room!

The curtain hardware issue was easily fixed in a few hours with some white paint to match the woodwork.

Amending the curtain situation, however, was a different story. My first thought was to make four more panels. I liked the gray silk and it was not the color which bothered me. See how empty this looks!


The problem with this idea was the fabric was purchased several months ago and dye lots vary from bolt to bolt. The chance of getting more fabric to match the existing curtains was pretty slim. I ordered a fabric sample from the bolt from which my new fabric would be cut anyway and kept my fingers crossed.

The sample arrived and much to my surprise and delight it matched perfectly. However, while I was waiting I had another thought. I decided to play “musical curtains” and move the gray silk panels to another room in my house. It was love at first sight!

Now I had a decision to make. Keep the curtains in their new room or make four more panels. Which did I choose? Stay tuned for the answer!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map