Post Icon

Too Much of a Good Thing?

You may remember last fall I recovered some dining room chairs I purchased from the Salvation Army. After an extensive search, I choose this pretty blue and white Ikat from Calico Corners called Kalah blue.


The fabric was a great scale and coordinated beautifully with many of the existing elements in the room. I was thrilled with how the space was coming together.


I now seem to be seeing this fabric in lots of different places.

Lauren at Pure Style Home used it in a client’s dining room as art.


Kristen from 6th Street Design has family room curtains made from this fabric.


A Delightful Design recently posted a picture of a living room by interior designer Bryn Dunn.


The most recent issue of Better Homes and Gardens shows designer Amy Meier’s home which features – you guessed it – more of the same fabric.



In fairness to these fabulous ladies, I am guessing they all used this fabric before I did. Even still, I began wondering if perhaps now it has lost its “wow” factor in that it is no longer unique.

What do you think? When you see a particular design element over and over, does it lose its appeal? Does it become dated or are you more apt to choose something because of its popularity? I would love to hear your opinion!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map