Post Icon

Slipper make over~ Shall I Dance?~

I blame it on Disney... She posted a tutorial on how to transform granny slippers into an out-of-this-world cutest room-shoes. She made me realize that I needed room shoes...

Well, I have been looking for the best deal for a while and I found it the other day. They were 2 for $6 at Big Lot. $3 a pair! You can't beat that.



I went through my trimming drawer and found some candidates for this project. I came up with two diffrent designs, so I will show you what I did.

{Black Slipers}

1. I cut off the ribbon on the slippers to give me a clean slate. Then I started from the middle and hand sewed already gathered lace. I Kept going until I arrived at the desired size.



2. I sewed on some beads.


3. Done!



{White Slippers}


1. Treat the end of the lace with fray check. Fold the end, then place it in the middle of the slipper. Start sewing from the bottom and go up, then fold the lace slightly angled upward to the side, sew.


2. Repeat the process. Remember to widen each row.


3. Sew the beads. I sew the beads separately. I mean, each time when I sew a bead, I tie a knot and start a new one. That way, I don't have to worry about breaking the thread between each bead when I wear it and the fabric stretches.


4. Ta-da!



They are both very simple and easy to do, and I love the results! Wearing my new slippers, I might dance while I clean the house tomorrow.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map