Post Icon

Tutorial ~Fabric Flower~


Just as I promised, I am going to show you how I made some flowers from the top portion of the dress. The top part had lining (it was also gauze) that is a very pretty light blue. When I separated them, I thought to myself, "I have to use this too! :)"

{You will need}

Light weight fabric
Matching Thread

{How to}

1. I cut out 8- 2 1/2" squares from each color.


2. Fold a square in half, then fold it again to make a smaller square.


3. Cut the outer edges(not the folded edges). It will almost look like a heart shape.


When you open it up... it will look like this. Repeat the process for the rest of the squares.


4. Pinch in the middle and stitch 2-3 times. Keep adding the rest of the pieces to it.


5. Then you will have a flower like these...



For the floral print flower, after you fold the squares into fourths, cut opposite corners to make it look like a leaf. When you unfold it, it will look like a four leaf clover with pointed leaves. (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of that.)

I loved the frayed look. I am very curious about using different types of fabric; I wonder how the flowers will turn out. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them, but I have a weekend to think about it.

Meanwhile I made this too... all I can say is you can never have too many flowers.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map