Post Icon

Beachy Chairs

Last summer I met Jen from Easy Peasy Chic when she bought these barstools from me:


I was tickled when she contacted me a few weeks ago about helping her with her kitchen makeover! She recently purchased a lovely black pedestal table, but she wanted her chairs to bring in a fun pop of color into her kitchen.

We started with four of these beautiful Napoleon-style chairs, which she originally purchased at Down East Home.


Monday I gave them a light sanding, and then wiped them down with Liquid Sander (love that stuff for chair legs and spindles). I was so happy to see the sun!!

Next each chair was painted a different color!
There's creamy white, pale yellow, lime green, and aqua blue.

The best part? Jen only needed to buy a sample pot of paint for each chair. That's only $3/each, and she has some left over for frames or knick-knacks. (I am loving Behr Ultra paint lately.)


I have to admit, I thought they looked so cute at this point I hesitated to glaze and distress them...but I did anyway. ;-) The pretty curves and details stand out so much better.

The edges are just lightly sanded, and I used a black glaze to tie in to Jen's black table.

After glazing and distressing, each chair got a few coats of Minwax Polycryclic for protection.

They turned out great! I told Jen that if there had been eight chairs, she might not have gotten them back...


But after all, I think they look better in her kitchen, don't you?






Furniture Feature Fridays




My Repurposed Life

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


The DIY Show Off

Domestically Speaking


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


Photobucket

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map