Post Icon

Family, Freebies, a Fire pit and Features

Yes, this is a long and random title! I have been a little absent over the past two weeks and wanted to catch you up on where I have been, what I have been doing and what is coming up on Red Door Home.

First though, you may have noticed blogger had an “issue” last week which unfortunately meant many of your comments were lost. As I try to reply to as many comments as I can, I apologize if I don’t get back to you because of this glitch. If you had a question which I did not answer, I would love for you to email me or leave another comment.

Family
I was blessed to have my family followed by my husband’s family visiting for the past two weeks. Since I only see them a few times each year, I wanted to be with them as much as possible while they were here. Thus, my blog was a little neglected but I should be all caught up – hopefully - by the end of the week.

Freebies
The day before my parents’ arrival I was following one of my normal running routes and came across a table with a “free” sign. The table contained an assortment of dishes and other decorating items and I helped myself to the following:

A set of brown and blue transferware dishes, seven glasses, three wooden balls
and two clear glass candlesticks

I will be removing the labels from the glasses, painting the wooden balls and creating a totally free tablescape with these fun finds.

Fire pit

We finished building our fire pit and could not be happier with the result. With all the visitors we have had it is safe to say we have already eaten enough s’mores for the entire summer! I will be showing the completed fire pit area and the entire building process soon.

Features
I wanted to send a big thank you to Kate from Centsational Girl for featuring my living room redo on her Best of the Blog series.


I also wanted to thank Darlene from Fieldstone Hill for using my dining room for inspiration for one of her fabulous ditto posts.



Finally, besides all of the above I was also able to sneak in two painting projects – one already finished but waiting to be photographed and the other half way done. Look for these posts soon as well.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map