Post Icon

Painting on a Whim



For some reason, yesterday I decided the mirror over the grain bin in the sitting area of my kitchen needed to be painted. I am not exactly sure why, as it has never been an issue before and to tell the truth I am usually not impulsive when it comes to decorating decisions.

I just took the mirror down and started painting!

The mirror is from Pierre Deux and looked like this before I began.
 

I used one coat of Annie Sloan’s Paris Grey Chalk Paint followed by a glaze and then a top coat of paste wax.


You may also have noticed the wire container went from white to grey – another spur of the moment decision.


I am happy with the results as the mirror no longer looks “newly store bought” but rather more like something you would find in a vintage shop. The funny thing is that Mr. RDH hasn’t noticed yet. Hopefully he will like it as much as I do.

I was curious to know if you have ever done a decorating project on a whim. If so, what did you do and were you happy with the outcome?

On a different note, I am guest posting today at Remodelaholic. I am sharing my how to age brass tutorial.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map