Post Icon

Do you have the time?

Have you seen some of the amazing clock tables that talented bloggers have created? Someday Crafts highlighted this one by All About Vignettes:

...and this one by A Vintage Vine:


And I fell in love.

I wanted to create my own in the worst way! After a little searching, I found a great candidate: a metal-base table with a solid wood top.

Want to see my version?

The colors are "truest" on the first picture. I painted the tabletop black, then used my Silhouette to cut Roman numerals out of vinyl. With those in place (thanks to a 30-60-90 triangle from my kids' drawing tools), I painted over the outer circle in white, and the inner circle in gray. It needed a little sumpin', so I added a border (just below the numbers) in metallic silver. I distressed the heck out of it...using a chain (that's fun!) and a screwdriver and a lot of sandpaper!


Did you notice how the hands are in different places in each picture? That's because they're real hands! I told a friend of mine what I was doing, and she got all excited because she'd seen some metal clock hands at a local consignment shop. I couldn't drive there fast enough! They were just the right touch for my table. I bolted them on so they can be rotated freely.

Then...every table needs some chairs, right? This one did too.

I found four vintage-style folding chairs at Deseret Industries. They were that brassy metal color, and most of them had ripped-up seats. I painted the chairs black and recovered the seats in faux gray leather material, and then...



...I stenciled the Roman numerals for "3," "6," "9," and "12" on the seats!

I think this table would be such a fun gathering place on a covered patio, or even better...in a family room / game room.

Do you have time for a picnic?
A board game?
A craft project?

Well, maybe with this table...you would remember to make the time!




Photobucket/

Savvy Southern Style

Domestically Speaking




Photobucket

The DIY Show Off

Furniture Feature Fridays

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map