Post Icon

My Living Room

I am giving up! 

Despite my best intentions, I don’t think there is ever going to be a time when I manage to show my living room projects piece-by-piece with a grand reveal at the end.  I am just not that blogger.

So here it is, folks.  My living room, dressed up for fall.

living room 005

If you don’t like orange, it may not be your cup of tea…but I love it.

This is what my living room looked like just before Christmas last year.  We previously owned a sectional, but I sold it so the French Chocolate coffee table would fit in the room!  Pretty much the only seating we had at this point was the couch and my husband’s recliner, though, and there are eight of us!  And…it was too dark for me.  That’s what led to the grand living room re-design of 2012!

P1030135

…and yes, it actually happened in about…May.  I’m a little behind in posting  Winking smile

living room 007

I lightened up the wall color with SW Nantucket Dune.  I tried out…no kidding…12 different paint colors before settling on this one.  My walls were very colorful for a while.

living room 009

I was fortunate to sell our leather couch for exactly what I had paid for it a year ago.  The proceeds from that, our Costco rebate card, and  a little tax refund money allowed me to order the new couch, loveseat, ottoman and chair from Rowe furniture.  I am very happy with them…they are pretty AND comfortable!

living room 008

I found a telescope at our local thrift store, and turned it into a lamp for the corner of the room.  I love it!  Just wish I could figure out how to hide the cord…

living room 006

My map chest gets to stay in the room.  It’s still one of my favorite pieces.

living room 017

I love the look of some colorful pumpkins and gourds on the mirrored tray.

living room 010

I found this great ceiling tile when we were in Montana for Christmas.  I tacked it to a frame of 1x2’s so I could hang it on the wall.  I also “embellished” the coloring a little to give it some highlights and interest.

living room 013

My little hand-knit pumpkins make an appearance every year.  They were one of my first learn-to-knit projects a few years ago.  And don’t worry—the French chocolate coffee table just moved downstairs to the family room!

living room 012

I made several of the pillows in the room…the medallion one on the left, the green one on the chair, and the Hungarian grain sack ones in the basket, plus a couple of others you can’t see right here.  I am becoming a pillow nut!  I wish I could change them out monthly!

living room 015

You saw my shutters last time.  The room started out with the flea market and farmers market canvases hanging on either side of the shutters, but for fall I switched them out for the sunrise “We can do no great things” canvas and this one…

living room 016

…which I painted just for fall!  Yeah, it’s not great art, but I like it.

living room 011

Thanks for visiting with me!

***********************************************
Linking up here:
Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
No Minimalist Here  
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday  
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Stone Gable
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time
Mod Vintage Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours All Star Block Party
A Little Knick Knack
Cowgirl Up!
{aka} design
Coastal Charm

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map