Post Icon

Buchanan’s Nursery

My wonderful friend and next-door neighbor had a beautiful baby boy recently.  Today I thought I’d share the beautiful nursery she created for him.  We had lots of fun running back and forth sharing opinions and ideas for this fun room in the months before he was born!  <sigh>  Helping on a dedicated nursery like this makes me feel cheated that I didn’t get to do this for any of my six children!
IMG_8739
The nursery walls were painted a soft gray, and she chose to use aqua and red for the main accent colors.
IMG_8755
We spent probably two hours arranging and rearranging the elements for the gallery wall.  The two gears are not “real”—I think she got them at Hobby Lobby, but they’re much lighter than the real thing!  The rusty lock and key is a real railroad heirloom, though.
IMG_8782
This was my main contribution to the nursery!  She wanted a sign reminiscent of an old-time train logo, and this is what we came up with.  The cupboard door I used had already been painted aqua, so I used the vaseline trick before the coat of red paint so you could see the aqua underneath.
IMG_8815
The old train on the shelf is a family treasure, as are the wonderful old lanterns.  The old fan was a “treasure” un-earthed from my garage!
IMG_8885
My friend has a very talented seamstress aunt who made a new cover for the glider rocker.  I need an aunt like that!
IMG_8946
And this is baby Buchanan.  I like to cuddle him under my chin and revel in that fuzzy baby head!

***********************************************























  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map