Post Icon

Anthro Inspired Necklace


This has been my most favorite necklace for the last several months. Surprisingly, this necklace goes with many different outfits, and when I bought it, I didn't know I would love it this much.



There is one thing...when I bought it, there were two kinds. This gold one AND they had a silver one. I stood there for a while, trying to decide which color I should go for. Seriously, it took forever for me to decide!
Then, a few weeks later, when I went back to the store, the silver necklaces were gone. I searched online too...gone...ugh!

I have been thinking about the one that got away, I mean, didn’t buy.
About a week ago, I found these pair of earrings at a discount store for $5.99. Then, I had Light bulb moment.


I decided to take them a part, and use them as a base of the necklace. The metal parts on the original necklace are either soldered or brazed to join them together. I don't have tools to do that, so I just used jump ring to connect the parts. Here is the necklace I came up with...


I love it! It is not same as Anthro's but I think it's not bad for 5.99 (well, technically, I only used one, so more like $3.00 to be exact) plus whatever the parts I had on hand.

I am feeling that I will be using this a lot in Spring and Summer. :)

Alert; I am making lots of jewelries (remember I don't have my sewing machine!) watch out for more jewelry posts to come!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map