Post Icon

The Snowball Effect

For some reason I have been struggling with how to decorate my new-to-me buffet – nothing I tried seemed to work. (Maybe the empty space above the buffet - which is supposed to be filled with my yet to arrive mirror – is the real problem.)

Anyway, I came across the picture below which I had saved to my favorites file.

Image via Cote de Texas

I noticed the two alabaster lamps and immediately knew I had found at least part of my decorating solution. You see I already owned a pair of similar lamps which were currently residing on my bedroom dresser.

So I did a test run and moved the pair to the buffet - loved it!


This left the dresser empty.

I liked having a matching set of lamps on the long dresser and decided to regroup the pair of painted brass lamps I had separated to two different bedside tables.


Now that my dresser was once again complete I was left with two empty bedside tables – one in my daughter’s bedroom and one in the master bedroom.

A trip to Target and my daughter’s empty beside table was filled.

BEFORE

AFTER

A trip to the basement guest room and my bedside table was looking good again.

BEFORE

AFTER

Needless to say, what started as a simple desire to accessorize a buffet snowballed into a few hours of lamp rearranging. Fun, but definitely more time consuming than what I had in mind when I started.

I am happy with the result but still need one more lamp for the guest bedroom.


I was curious to know if you have ever done this – moved or added one thing only to spend the day moving things from here to there. I am guessing we all have a similar story to tell. I would love to hear yours!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map