Post Icon

Copying Bunny Williams – Well, Sort of

The most recent edition of Veranda includes a half page spotlight of three pieces of Bunny Williams’ second Beeline Home Furniture line of small scale tables and stools.


Although I loved all three featured pieces, it was the simple white painted stool upholstered in muslin called “The Pug Bench” which caught my eye.


I immediately thought of the footstool I purchased a while back for a few dollars at a thrift store.

 

Now I realize it is a very big stretch to compare the two as mine is a footstool and Bunny’s is a small bench and the lines of the two pieces are not similar at all. However, seeing Bunny’s bench was just the inspiration I needed to transform my formerly very dark footstool into something much more stylish. (I’ll explain the missing nailhead trim below.)


Here is how I accomplished this simple transformation.

Remove needlepoint cover. Lightly sand frame and paint with BM Paper Mache.


Use old cover as a pattern for new cover made of natural color linen.

Attach new cover using staple gun - same process as covering a chair seat.

Attach top to stool base using screws.


Add decorative nailhead trim.

At this point the project took a turn for the worse. I tried to attach the nails with a hammer and they just would not stay – this stool was not made for this type of trim.


Not one to give up I went to plan B – glue.

This did not work either. It looked exactly like what it was – glued on nail heads.


I regrouped, removed the mess-ups and settled on a plain top.


Much better!

Linking up to these wonderful ladies.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map