Post Icon

Two Weeks without My Sewing Machine

Hi everybody! I have bad news. My linky tool is not working. I paid for the subscription but it was still disabled. I'm working with them to restore this, so there is no link party this week.

I did something hard for me today...I took my sewing machine in for service. They are two weeks out, and they will ship the machine to a different location for service. I won't have my machine back for at least two weeks!

I have my old sewing machine, but that one needs TLC too. Two weeks without my beloved sewing machine. I should have planned this better...sigh...

Oh well (one of my few good qualities are, I recover quickly from sad situations).
I was thinking about what I can do during those two weeks.

Some of the things came to my mind are;

* Finish a couple quilts --- one quilt needs to be finished by hand quilting, the other one need to be finished putting on binding.

* Baste two quilts for the boys.

* Make lots of jewelries that I have been wanting to make.

* Work on the hexagon quilt

* Do a total makeover in my hobby room.

* Sand, paint the dining table and chairs. ---this one, I probably won't do. It is still too cold outside!

* Read some books from the "read when I have time" pile by my bed.

* Do some cutting for the clothes I wanted to make, so when I have my sewing machine, I can start sewing immediately.

* Sew some badges on boys’ Cub Scout uniforms. ---yes, I will do this one definitely. I promise.

* Organize all the design ideas. Draw them out and document them.

* If I can finish ALL these things, I might twiddle my fingers and stare up at the ceiling while I wait for my sewing machine to come back.

Boy, this will be a long two weeks!

See you at the next post.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map