Post Icon

Black Coffee

Can you stand another French typography coffee table makeover? I hope so, because I’m not tired of them yet! I call this one “Black Coffee!”

Here’s how it started out. It was a good Basset coffee table, with two drawers. I loved the plank-style wood top.

book birdhouses 003

I chose to only sand the center section of the top down to bare wood. The plan was to paint the base and the “frame” of the top. Then I chose my graphic and got painting! You can see that I didn’t worry about bits and pieces of the old stain being left behind. I think it adds to the character of the finished piece.

French ad from The Graphics Fairy.

book birdhouses 004

After the lettering was painted and distressed, I stained the top with Minwax Antique Walnut, and painted the rest of the coffee table black (get it??), using Behr Ultra paint.

tables 015

I kept the original hardware, including the decorative metal scrolls in the corners.

tables 014

I like how the top looks like it was framed!

tables 016

And of course I had to play with a couple of accessories…

tables 017

tables 018

tables 019

So there you have it! If you want more information on how I create my tables, be sure to check out the French Chocolate table, Café table, French Twist, and the Postcard table!

This project has been featured at West Furniture Revival and Perfectly Imperfect.

*******************************************

Linking up here!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map