Post Icon

It’s not a table

Hello, everyone! I am ‘back’ from Bella’s Vintage Market, and it was a lot of fun. And a lot of work. And a lot of HOT! This was only my second market, and I never really considered the whole pack-everything-up-on-a-hot-July-afternoon angle!

I promise there are pictures, but I haven’t even looked at them yet! So I thought I’d share another makeover that went with me to the market.

I found another set of three oak barstools (you can see my other sets here and here):

P1000270

Since I’ve been on a French typography kick lately, I had a grand idea to transfer three vintage French ads to the tops of these stools. I had read about Mod Podge transfers and Citra Solv transfers, so I had high hopes of getting one of these methods to work!

It wasn’t mean to be.

I tried Mod Podge transfers at least three times, and I always ended up with something that looked like this:

Bellas 003

or this:

Bellas 004

Really charming, right?

When I tried the Citra Solve transfer…I got nothing.

So, it was on to “Plan C.”

Yes, I resorted to my now famous technique using the overhead projector!

I found three different chocolate ads from The Graphics Fairy. I pulled out portions of those ads that seemed to fit well on a stool top, and painted them up!

French ad barstools

This one is my favorite. As with my other projects, I distressed the lettering to make it look old and faded. And to help hide my mistakes!

typography stools

I think this one is my least favorite, although it may be growing on me. I was free-handing the various flourishes, and they could be better!

French barstools

I think my flourishes were better on this stool! Actually, this one may be my favorite. I don’t know.

vintage ad stools

Here they are as one big happy family!

French stools

These went home with a great couple that drove two hours one way to purchase a French coffee table I haven’t shown here yet, as well as another not-a-table typography project yet to be revealed! I thought they had great taste!

Hope you like them too!

Linking up to these great parties!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map