Post Icon

More Marble – Kitchen Corner Redo Completed!




As far back as I can remember, I have always been smitten with marble. I love its classic look and am particularly fond of pieces which are white with grey veining. Since redoing countertops in my house is out of the question, I have slowly added marble to my decor in a few simpler and smaller ways.

For example, not too long ago I purchased the quirky marble top table (shown below) for my den.


I updated an inexpensive table in my daughter’s bedroom by pairing it with a cast-off marble top I found at a local antique store.


When we finished our basement bathroom, we choose hexagon shaped marble tiles for the floor.

Real-Life Kitchen and Baths / Photographer - Bryan McCay
Stylist - Donna Talley, Regional Editor and Producer for Meredith Publications

My latest marble addition comes in the form of a custom cut slab for the vintage grain bin in my kitchen eating area.

After the mirror received a chalk paint makeover, I decided to finish the redesign of this little corner by topping the grain bin with marble.


I had a local granite dealer cut a piece of Carrera marble slightly larger than the size of the cabinet top. It was finished on three sides with a simple edge and then placed directly on the cabinet – no glue required. Although I would not consider this an inexpensive project, I was able to save money by waiting for a remnant (left over piece) to become available and by transporting the marble myself.

Below is how this area looked before.


This is how it looks today.


I have to say I love it! The marble lightens up the space, adds a new texture to the kitchen and tones down all the wood in this area.

So is this the end of the marble in my house? Probably not as I can’t see my love of marble ending any time soon!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map