Post Icon

Postcard Table

My neighbor’s dad is retiring from his dental practice after FORTY-EIGHT years (can you believe that??). They asked me if I wanted to do something with this solid wood coffee table that had been in their reception area:

Bellas 001

Umm…yes please! (You know I have a weakness for coffee tables!)

Bellas 002

See that interesting red pattern that trails across our driveway? That’s what happens when a can of spray primer falls off the sawhorse, punctures on a piece of gravel, and then rolls down the driveway spraying merrily all the way…

I did something a little different for this coffee table. Instead of a French advertisement, I wanted it to look like a vintage French postcard (albeit a rather large one).

I painted this table a creamy white. I got my graphic from The Graphics Fairy, and I used the method demonstrated for my French Chocolate Coffee Table to paint the image on the table.

I distressed the table heavily, and glazed it lightly with Minwax Jacobean stain mixed with Martha Stewart glaze.

French postcard table

I love the postmark from 1887!

French typography table

I like how the glaze sticks in the crevices of the legs.

love letter table

I can’t really read the complete address, but I think it makes it look like it has been around for a long, long time.

French address table

I wonder if this was a love note?

postmark table

I’d like to think so!

postcard table 017

And speaking of love…there are more than 600 of you dear readers who follow my little projects now, and send sweet, encouraging comments my way every week. Thank you for that! I am also rapidly approaching my first “blogiversary,” or that day when my teenage daughter convinced me to start a blog. In celebration of both events, I am planning a giveaway! Watch for it to be announced soon!

This project has been featured at The Homeless Finch, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, and Party of 4.

Linking up to these parties.Link


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map