Post Icon

Gradient Dresser

There’s a trickle-down effect in blogland….and I’m the latest drip!

Cassie at Primitive and Proper showed this gorgeous dresser just about a week ago.

image

She was inspired by this dresser from Norske Interior (via Brooklyn Limestone):

image

And I….was utterly smitten.

I came across this dresser at Deseret Industries last week, and I wanted it. I knew it would be perfect for a similar treatment!

bday 050

Unfortunately, it was priced out of my budget, so I waited patiently for a week (visiting it often, of course)…

bday 053

… until I could ask them to mark the price down! It happily came home with me Tuesday, and I couldn’t wait to get to work on it. (You can tell because it’s now…Thursday.)

It turned out just like the picture in my head!

gradient dresser

I painted the body of the dresser in a barely off-white paint I had on hand (Behr Ultra color-matched to Sherwin Williams Creamy), and I had fun choosing three colors for the three rows of drawers.

gradient dresser

I bought a sample of Behr Ultra in each of these colors: Windwood Spring (top), Shallow Sea (middle), and Lagoon (bottom).

striped dresser

My teenage daughter graciously offered to help carry it up to her bedroom.

four color dresser

Too bad! She already has furniture. (I’m a mean mom.)

gradient dresser

So there you have it…my version of the Gradient Dresser!

LinkI do love these retro dressers. Two of my other favorites are Reverse Anthropologie and 38 Flowers !

*******************************************

This project has been featured at Saved by Suzy, Day and Age Design, Mod Vintage Life, My Repurposed Life, and AtticMag.

********************************************

Visit thecsiproject.com

Linking up here and Mod Vintage Life!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map