Post Icon

On the Farm

My pictures of my children are sadly out of date.  Rather than go to Target or another studio, I decided to have a friend take some pictures in a more “vintage-y” setting as befits the mood I am trying to create in my home!  My sweet neighbor directed us to a beautiful old farm about 15 miles away, where we were given permission to take pictures.  No one is living there at the moment, but you can see it was once a busy place!  There were treasures to be found wherever I looked, and I *wish* I could have gone hunting through the many ramshackle outbuildings!  I know I would have found some things that wanted to come home with me!

There were amazing old outbuildings everywhere…
kidpics 103-1
And the foliage was taking over!
kidpics 142-1
I peeked in this shed…there was an old washtub, a great old door, and a bike frame where I could see them…
kidpics 141-1
Don’t you just love this little shack?  What a beautiful door.
kidpics 105-1
One building may have been some kind of a guest house.  I loved the “K” (for “Korrie”) on the shutters with the chippy blue paint.
kidpics 108-1
Water storage, maybe?  The tank just peeked out over the bushes.
kidpics 131-1
There were piles of old barn wood and bits and pieces of old equipment all over the place!  I love how the plants just grow up through the tines.
kidpics 133-1
Look at this treasure…an old cast iron bathtub hiding in a thicket!  (Sadly, it did not have claw feet.)
kidpics 134-1
Here is a gate to nowhere…it was just leaning up against another pile of junk.
kidpics 143-1
I would love to have this in a flower bed.
kidpics 149-1
…or maybe this!
kidpics 152-1
This box was just sitting outside with no one to love it.  It tempted me more than anything, but I did not give in!
kidpics 153-1
My dear sweet husband does not understand my fascination with all this “old stuff.” 
What about you? 
Do you see the junk, or do you see the beauty?


Linking up here:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map