Post Icon

World Traveler

Vintage suitcases seem to be all the rage lately, and I caught the bug! I had something particular in mind for this suitcase, which I found at a consignment store.

teatray 002

The top had a tear, and there were a couple of other flaws—not the least of which was a dirty, faded brown color. So, first things first—I painted the whole thing white!

kidpics 006

My husband asked in disbelief: “You painted a suitcase??”

Yes, dear.

But that’s not all.

I did a search on Google for “vintage luggage stickers.” Click on the “images” tab, and you won’t believe what you’ll come up with!

Images like this one:

image

Or this one:

image

Or even this one:

image

And so many more!

I must have chosen about 30 different, cool luggage stickers. I copied them into Microsoft Word and adjusted the size, and then I printed them on cardstock in shades of white, beige, and gray (I wanted them to look old…plus it’s what I had on hand).

I cut out each ‘sticker’ and mod-podged them to the suitcase. A big “Vegas” sticker covered the tear!

kidpics 007

Finally I lightly glazed everything with some dark brown glaze, concentrating on the stitching especially.

Bellas 035

So now my suitcase looks like it has been all over the world….

Bellas 036

…I am so jealous…

Bellas 038

…and what’s a suitcase without a stand to put it on?

I found a luggage rack at an auction, and I painted it white and replaced the flowery ribbon straps with some upholstery webbing.

Bellas 033

Put them together, and I think this would make a really fun nightstand or end table!

Bellas 040

Bellas 042

************************************************************************

Thanks to {Primp} for featuring this project!

************************************************************************

Linking up to these great parties here as well as Thetootsiewootsie

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map