Post Icon

Felt Leaves Garland


I spent the weekend before last at my parents’ home in Montana. I generally try to take a little project along with me, and this year it was the materials to make this leaf garland.
SewingArmoire 016
My next door neighbor had pointed out this one she liked from the Pottery Barn Kids magazine (click on the picture to go to the catalog page):
image
And I thought it was really cute. She watched my three-year-old for me while I was gone, so I decided to try to make her one for FAR less than $49!
SewingArmoire 015
I probably spent a whole $5 on felt. I printed out leaf pictures on paper, cut them out, and then traced them onto the felt.
SewingArmoire 009
I hand-drew the “veins” on the leafs with the cut-outs—and then cut them out! I used embroidery floss to stitch the veins on the other leaves.
I spaced each leaf about 8 inches apart, knotted onto simple seam binding.
SewingArmoire 011
I ended up making 23 different leaves…enough for two garlands (not bad for $5)!

One for my friend; one for me!
****************************************************
Linking up here and The DIY Show Off.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

visitors map